Chinny Charge 2022
Come join in the fun at our Chinny Charge 2022 on
SATURDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2022
Entries for the run up Mount Chincogan in Mullumbimby are now open
This is a once a year event, and is an opportunity to both get a little fitness in as well as see the views from the top of Mt Chincogan.
Food supplied on the day by Mullumbimby Public School at affordable prices.
The entry fee is $50 for runners and $25 for non-competitors. If you leave it to the last minute it is $75 on the day if there are spaces available.
Are you over 12?
Importantly, competitors have to be 12 years and over to run or walk up the mountain. There will be a separate Children’s Challenge to the base of the mountain, which leaves before the main event, at 1.30pm (entry $15).
The race will start and finish outside the fire station, and NSW Fire and Rescue Station 388 will also be assisting with first aid.
Due to the COVID-19 requirements all bibs for the race will be sent out via mail to individual nominations.
There are a range of prizes that can be won as part of the Chinny Charge from the fastest man and woman to cross the line ($500), the fastest local woman and man, the oldest woman and man to participate in the charge. The Kevin Moran memorial shield is ‘awarded for special effort and encouragement of others’ and was donated in his memory by his closest friends and adopted family – the Davis family of Main Arm.
Whilst the event is underway, directly in front of the Mullumbimby Ex-Services club will be Family Friendly Fun and Entertainment, including food and drinks.
Dust off your running shoes and get ready for a great day out.
Food available from MULLUMBIMBY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Special Thanks to our sponsors
- Mullumbimby Ex Services Club
- The Byron Shire Echo
- The Meadows Medical Centre
- Mullumbimby Chemsave Chemist
- Brunswick Heads Medical Centre
- Byron Food Hub
- Chincogan Mechanical
- Our local Mullumbimby Chamber of Commerce
CHINCOGAN CHARGE RULES
- First Aid stations will be available at the start and finish of the course as well as along the course and at water stations.
- First Aid stations will provide immediate assistance as well as further assistance if required such as transportation to hospital.
- Any costs incurred by the patient for First Aid, transportation to hospital, or for any other reason are the responsibility of the patient.
Injury, incident/accident, hazards and reporting
- As is the nature of a cross country running event, hazards and injury may occur along the course. Please ensure you watch your step and wear good running shoes.
- Should you injure yourself at the event please notify course marshals or event organisers.
- If you see any accidents or hazards on the course please notify the event organisers immediately.
- All race entrants must be registered under their own names to ensure we have the correct medical and emergency details in the event of an accident.
- In the interest of safety, NO pets, bicycles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards, roller blades or drones are permitted at the event.
- If you have been unwell in the two weeks leading up to the event, please do not participate in the event.
- Please do not push. Your start and finish times will be electronically recorded and an accurate timing of your race will be taken.
- Please listen to all instructions from event personnel.
- Please watch your footing, ramps, curbs and potential hazards.
- Please keep to the left unless overtaking.
Hydrating and training
- Heat stress and exhaustion are common when running on a hot day. Please hydrate before and during the event.
- There are drink stations along the course with water and first aid.
- If you feel unwell please let the event personnel know immediately.
- Please also protect yourself by applying sunscreen before the event and wear sunglasses and a hat.
Open Category – sponsored by Mullumbimby Ex Services Club
1st Prize $500.00
2nd Prize $350.00
3rd Prize $150.00
1st Prize $500.00
2nd Prize $350.00
3rd Prize $150.00
Local Category (Byron Shire resident) – sponsored by The Byron Shire Echo
1st Male $250.00
2nd Male $175.00
3rd Male $75.00
1st Female $250.00
2nd Female $175.00
3rd Female $75.00
Reg Burns Memorial Trophy
1st Amateur Male Perpetual trophy
Doctor Suresh Memorial Trophy
1st Amateur Female Perpetual trophy
The event start times are as follows:
2.00 pm Green Start Professional athlete male runners
2.10pm Professional female runners
2.20pm Blue start Local male runners
2.30pm Local female runners
2.45pm Yellow start Fast walkers
2.55pm Rest of the pack
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OFF THE MOUNTAIN BY 5.30PM. There are no exceptions to this rule even if you have not made it to the top of the mountain.
This event is for participants aged 12 years (High School age) and over. No children, no exceptions.
Incomplete entries or declined payment transactions may incur additional administrative fees. Please note a late fee of up to $15.00 will apply to entries made after the official closing date
Method of entry
Race entry is via secure online registration only.
A late registration desk may be available the day prior to the race subject to space being available in the event.
In the case of total event sell out, late entry will not be available and no prior warning may be issued. A notification will appear on the Chamber of Commerce web site.
Regular entries close 6pm Tuesday 12th September.
Late entries will only be accepted on race day prior to the race if not already sold out.
Refund Request/Cancellation fee
All entries are non-refundable after 1pm August 26th prior to the race. Withdrawals from the event from this date will be refunded the full amount minus $10.00 Administration fee.
Refunds will be issued by the same method as payment or some other method that the Mullumbimby Chamber of Commerce Chincogan Charge crew deem appropriate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All applicants must fully complete the online application form, pay the relevant entry fee, and agree to the participant agreement before their entry will be accepted.
The Mullumbimby Chamber of Commerce Chincogan Charge crew reserve the right, in its reasonable discretion, to deny and disqualify a person from participating or continuing in the event. In such instance, the participants entry fee will be refunded, except where the participant has:
- breached any of the conditions of their entry set out in this form.
- failed to comply with any event instructions.
- misrepresented their eligibility to participate in the event.
Entry fees are non-transferable from one competitor to another. You cannot compete under another competitor’s name. Competitors that do not obey this rule waive all insurance and put other competitors at risk.
Upload your photo’s to instagram #chinnycharge
Mt Chincogan seen up close from a hot air balloon. Photo Ziggi Browning